[comp.sys.mac.misc] Pascal on Mac

ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) (03/29/91)

kushmer@bnlux1.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
>Is there a turbo pascal version for the Mac?
Sure, Borland makes it, I've owned it for a few years; fast I/O compared to
others. If you ask me, jump on another bandwagon. Borland seems to have
forgotten their Apple software. I used to call them - no answer. I am a
registered user - no mailings/updates. Like a boring uncle with whom you
lost touch. They will probably sue me. Get Think or MPW.    E.
--
Eric Behr, Illinois State University, Mathematics Department
Internet: ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu    Bitnet: ebehr@ilstu

Jim.Spencer@p510.f22.n282.z1.mn.org (Jim Spencer) (04/07/91)

Richard K. Wolf writes in a message to All

RKW> Yes, there is a version of Turbo Pascal for the Mac. Oddly enough,
RKW> it is called "Turbo Pascal for the Mac" and is manufactured by
RKW> Borland, just like the PC variety. Since the Mac has rich and
RKW> varied graphics library built into its ROM, there are not a great
RKW> many grapics libraries included with the basic package. If memory
RKW> serves, you can get additional libraries from Borland. I'd recommend,
RKW> however, that you take the time to learn the Mac user interface
RKW> since IMHO not many users of your software will appreciate your
RKW> product if it doesn't adhere very well to Apple's programming
RKW> guidelines.

Wrong: there WAS a version of Turbo Pascal for the Mac.  It is no longer sold and hasn't been supported for years.