[comp.sys.mac.misc] Simple question

In article <1991Apr6.032630.11688@sbcs.sunysb.edu> mmoss@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (Matthew D Moss) writes:

>For example, I have seen some screens flicker while others don't, some that
>will print across the connecting network while another can't, some where the
>disk drive will always properly read the disk, and some others that only read
>the diskette properly sometimes. And all these Macintoshes have identical
>set-ups.

Disk drives are finicky mechanical devices, and they tend to collect dust,
which could explain that problem.  The network problems might be caused by
lots of things, including differences in the distance between the mac and
the bridge (which is not identical), and possibly the bad resistor pack problem
that the DeskWriter people have run into.  Monitors tend to wave and jitter
when subject to the fields from other monitors and some other types of
equipment.  I don't know why they would flicker differently, however.