[comp.sys.mac.misc] dvi2stylewriter for TeX and LaTeX

sead142@ut-emx.uucp (Larry Smith) (04/04/91)

I would like to know if I can use TeX on the new stylewriter
before I buy one.  Can anyone point me to a dvi to stylwriter
package?  Please respond to me.

Thanks in advance,
Larry Smith
larry@physics.ph.utexas.edu
.

edgar@function.mps.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) (04/04/91)

In article <46649@ut-emx.uucp> sead142@ut-emx.uucp (Larry Smith) writes:
>I would like to know if I can use TeX on the new stylewriter
>before I buy one.  Can anyone point me to a dvi to stylwriter
>package?  Please respond to me.

I don't have a Stylewriter, but someone should try it with DVIM-72.
You may need to get Metafont to generate a set of 360dpi PK files,
however...

--
  Gerald A. Edgar
  Department of Mathematics             Bitnet:    EDGAR@OHSTPY

c3ar@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Walter C3arlip) (04/05/91)

>In article <46649@ut-emx.uucp> sead142@ut-emx.uucp (Larry Smith) writes:
>>I would like to know if I can use TeX on the new stylewriter
>>before I buy one.  Can anyone point me to a dvi to stylwriter
>>package?  Please respond to me.

>In article <1991Apr4.125034.6518@zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu>
>edgar@function.mps.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) writes:
>
>>I don't have a Stylewriter, but someone should try it with DVIM-72.
>>You may need to get Metafont to generate a set of 360dpi PK files,
>>however...

(1) dvim72 is available from midway.uchicago.edu by anonymous ftp.  It
*should* work fine on a stylewriter, since it uses straight forward
quickdraw calls to the dviver.   360dpi fonts would be needed for this.  If
anyone has access to metafont and would like to generate them, I'd gladly
add them to the midway archive.  If there are a lot of requests, I can
actively try to find someone to build a set.

(2) psprint version 1.99, also also available from midway, may also be able
to print to a style writer.  The author suggested that might work, but
neither of us have a stylewriter to test it on.

--Walter
Walter Carlip 		        	**** carlip@ace.cs.ohiou.edu ****
(the "3" is invisible)
Walter Carlip 		        	**** carlip@ace.cs.ohiou.edu ****
(the "3" is invisible)                   **** c3ar@finite.chi.il.us ****

wsinkees@wsinfo08.info.win.tue.nl (Kees Huizing) (04/08/91)

In article <46649@ut-emx.uucp> sead142@ut-emx.uucp (Larry Smith) writes:
>I would like to know if I can use TeX on the new stylewriter
>before I buy one.  Can anyone point me to a dvi to stylwriter
>package?  Please respond to me.

This doesn't answer your question exactly, but it might be useful.
Textures (an application to do Tex/Latex on a Mac) does print directly to
the StyleWriter, although the characters do not look as well as they do in
other word processors using Truetype or ATM, they do look definitely better
than 72dpi bitmaps, though.

Kees
--
Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The Netherlands
e-mail: wsinkees@win.tue.nl      Phone: +31-40-474120       Fax: +31-40-436685