[comp.sys.mac.misc] "Ignore Volume"-type INIT wanted

oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu (Doc O'Leary) (04/09/91)

It's a bit of pain having to wait for my SE to update my HD after having
booted with a non-System 7 floppy, so . . .

I was wondering if there was an INIT I could put on a System 6.0.x floppy
that keep my Mac from mounting volumes that were touched by System 7 (or
just ignore all HDs).  Thanks!

         ---------   Doc

**********************   Signature Block : Version 2.4  *********************
*                                     |  "Please put litter in its place"   *
* "Was it love, or was it the idea    |           ---McDonald's packaging   *
*  of being in love?" -- PF           |   Wouldn't that be on the ground?   *
*    (BTW, which one *is* Pink?)      |                                     *
*                                     |   --->oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu<---     *
******************   Copyright (c) 1991 by Doc O'Leary   ********************

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (04/09/91)

oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu (Doc O'Leary) writes:

>It's a bit of pain having to wait for my SE to update my HD after having
>booted with a non-System 7 floppy, so . . .

>I was wondering if there was an INIT I could put on a System 6.0.x floppy
>that keep my Mac from mounting volumes that were touched by System 7 (or
>just ignore all HDs).  Thanks!

I don't know if the reason a system 6 machine rebuilds the desktop is
because system 7 uses the Desktop Manager, but you could always try out that
init for system 6 (on apple.com in oscar in /hacks) and see if it makes your
volumes coexists.
--
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu