[comp.sys.mac.misc] Apple Warranty question

eaeu137@orion.oac.uci.edu (Andrew Laurence) (03/17/91)

If I were to buy a used Mac which has been owned only, say, three months,
would the remainder of the warranty be transferrable to me?

Thankses lotses,

Andrew Laurence
eaeu137@orion.oac.uci.edu

gt5311b@prism.gatech.EDU (BHATTACHARYA,ABHIJIT) (03/17/91)

In article <27E2DC9F.26692@orion.oac.uci.edu> eaeu137@orion.oac.uci.edu (Andrew Laurence) writes:
>If I were to buy a used Mac which has been owned only, say, three months,
>would the remainder of the warranty be transferrable to me?

Yes. Just tell Apple your serial number, your name, and the previous owner's
name along with his/her written consent regarding the transfer of ownership.

Abhijit

--
BHATTACHARYA,ABHIJIT
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt5311b

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr8.063848.17645@agate.berkeley.edu> evberic@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU (Eric van Bezooijen) writes:

       The following document is going to sound EXACTLY like a
   mail order con.  [...]

Because it is.  Shame on you for posting it.

It's the infamous pyramid scam, in which only the first few people who
participate have any hope of receiving any amount of money.

It also happens to be fabulously illegal.  They put people in jail for
mail fraud, you know...

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."

leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr8.063848.17645@agate.berkeley.edu> evberic@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU (Eric van Bezooijen) writes:

>Fellow Debtor:                              March 22, 1991
>
>    The following document is going to sound EXACTLY like a
>mail order con.  The fact is that none of us want to get ripped
>by some jerk with nothing else to do but dream these things up.
>BUT - if you will take the 5 minutes it took me to read this,
>you will see that it really can work - it's all based on the
>multiplication factor.  Take this week off from Lotto America
>and put it here.  Your HONESTY and $5.00 WILL get you those
>computer upgrades you've been wanting for Christmas.......
... and much, much more  [ removed ]

[ * Flame On * ]

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Please, people, enough already!  It's getting impossible to read this
news group.  What in the Sam Hill has this garbage got to do with
the Mac, or anything else except a swift trip to the pen?

Could all you chain letter enthusiasts, Mac/Messy DOS monomaniacs,
Amiga freaks, and other assorted jerks take this stuff over to
rec.dev.null where it belongs?

This is a newsgroup dedicated to Macintosh issues.  It serves a
community of Mac users who have real, concrete RELEVANT questions for
which they might just like to get some answers.  The signal to noise
ratio has gotten so low that most of the real questions have been driven
off -- a sort of Gresham's Law of information.

There are plenty of other newsgroups where you can ventilate your useless
opinions to your heart's content:  try talk.bizarre or alt.s**theads.

[ * Flame Off * ]

-Bill Leue
leue@crd.ge.com

Disclaimer:  these are (obviously!) my personal opinions and not those
of the General Electric Co.

drg@mdaali.mda.uth.tmc.edu (David Gutierrez) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr8.063848.17645@agate.berkeley.edu>
evberic@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU (Eric van Bezooijen) writes:
> The following document is going to sound EXACTLY like a
> mail order con.

Is postmaster@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU the correct address to which this
should be forwarded? These people need to be stepped on if we're to keep
the place clean.

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard