[comp.sys.mac.misc] Synchronicity 3.0

Abraxas@itsgw.rpi.edu (Yi Sun) (04/10/91)

Hi, I just got a direct mail ad for Synchronicity 3.0 for
$39.95.

Can someone familiar with the game tell me more about it?

Thanks.

Abraxas@rpi.edu

mcgredo@prism.cs.orst.edu (Don McGregor) (04/10/91)

In article <9ncg81+@rpi.edu> Abraxas@itsgw.rpi.edu (Yi Sun) writes:
>Hi, I just got a direct mail ad for Synchronicity 3.0 for
>$39.95.
>
>Can someone familiar with the game tell me more about it?

  It's really quite cool, though not exactly a "game."  It's a
  computer implementation of the I-Ching; in its original incarnation
  you tossed yarrow sticks to predict the future.  On Synchronicity,
  you just hit a few keys and get a "prediction" of the future.

  Aside from any faith you may have in the predictive value of
  the program, it is nicely done, and just going through the ritual
  has an odd effect; it encourages you to get all that trash out
  of your mind.  Great for brain cramps, but Falcon it ain't.

Don McGregor             | "When transporting a monkey, don't let him take
mcgredo@prism.cs.orst.edu|  the wheel no matter how much he screeches."

oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu (Doc O'Leary) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr10.032031.13534@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> mcgredo@prism.cs.orst.edu (Don McGregor) writes:

>In article <9ncg81+@rpi.edu> Abraxas@itsgw.rpi.edu (Yi Sun) writes:
>>Hi, I just got a direct mail ad for Synchronicity 3.0 for
>>$39.95.
>>
>>Can someone familiar with the game tell me more about it?

>  It's really quite cool, though not exactly a "game."  It's a
>  computer implementation of the I-Ching; in its original incarnation
>  you tossed yarrow sticks to predict the future.  On Synchronicity,
>  you just hit a few keys and get a "prediction" of the future.
>
>  Aside from any faith you may have in the predictive value of
>  the program, it is nicely done, and just going through the ritual
>  has an odd effect; it encourages you to get all that trash out
>  of your mind.  Great for brain cramps, but Falcon it ain't.

Let me just add that there is (or at least was) a demo version available
for ftp at sumex-aim.

BTW, MacWarehouse lists Synchronicity 2.6 for $45.00, so if you like the
demo enough to order the real thing, it's a fairly good deal.

*                                     |  "Please put litter in its place"   *
* "Was it love, or was it the idea    |           ---McDonald's packaging   *
*  of being in love?" -- PF           |   Wouldn't that be on the ground?   *
*    (BTW, which one *is* Pink?)      |                                     *
*                                     |   --->oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu<---     *
******************   Copyright (c) 1991 by Doc O'Leary   ********************