[comp.sys.mac.misc] MacOberon

cfj@iSC.intel.com (Charlie Johnson) (04/09/91)

I downloaded MacOberon the other day to my SE/30 and was wondering if there was a way to tell the system to reformat the text windows so that the lines are not cut off by the right side of the window ??  I was trying to use the browsers to go through the initial documentation and loose 3 or 4 words on each line.  Anyone else have this problem ??
--
Charles Johnson
Intel Corporation

gasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Nathan Gasser) (04/10/91)

Help!

MacOberon doesn't work for me.  I ftp'd it from apple.com,
did the necessary unstuffing and such, and when I launch it
it gives a system error before even starting up.

I've tried it on 3 different IIcx's.  No go.

Any suggestions?

Nate.
gasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

--
"Pessimism is not the same as Realism, and
  Optimism is not the same as Ignorance."

vkwx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (04/11/91)

In article <1255@intelisc.isc.intel.com>,
cfj@iSC.intel.com (Charlie Johnson) writes:
> I downloaded MacOberon the other day to my SE/30 and was wondering if there
> was a way to tell the system to reformat the text windows so that the lines
> are not cut off by the right side of the window ??  I was trying to use the
> browsers to go through the initial documentation and loose 3 or 4 words on
> each line.  Anyone else have this problem ??

Yup, I have that problem too. As it now stands, MacOberon is pretty much
unusable on the SE/30. It's a shame, since I hear Oberon is a nice language.
Why couldn't they just use ordinary Macintosh scroll bars and windows?

Ed Swierk