[comp.sys.mac.misc] What's a good vt100 terminal emulator

hal@world.std.com (Harry A Levinson) (04/11/91)

I am looking for a vt100 (or vt102, or vt220...) terminal emulator
for the Mac.  I recently bought White Knight but have been disappointed.
I want my Mac Plus or SE keyboard to function more like terminal with
the keypad and cursor key acting as they do on an actual terminal.  Is there
someway to do this in WK?  Is there another recommendation?  Is it
even possible on the MAC?

RSVP via email.
harry
hal@world.std.com

jnsims01@ulkyvx.bitnet (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr10.191910.24790@world.std.com>, hal@world.std.com (Harry A Levinson) writes:
> I am looking for a vt100 (or vt102, or vt220...) terminal emulator
> for the Mac.

At the risk of mentioning the obvious, I am delighted with MacKermit which is
widely available from all the usual sources. It is fast and allows terrific
keyboard customization. It doesn't have some of the fancy shell stuff (i.e.,
you must learn your modem's 'AT' commands) but its price-vs.-functionality ratio
is unequaled as far as I know.

Your mileage may, of course, vary...

 My wife AND my employer ignore my opinions - feel free to do the same!
* John Norman Sims, Jr.                 *      BITNET: JNSIMS01@ULKYVM *
* University of Louisville              *              JNSIMS01@ULKYVX *
* Computing and Telecommunications      *       Voice:  (502) 588-5565 *
 You can't win, you can't break even, and you can't get out of the game

craparotta@kyoa.enet.dec.com (Joe Craparotta) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr10.191910.24790@world.std.com>, hal@world.std.com (Harry A Levinson) writes...
>I am looking for a vt100 (or vt102, or vt220...) terminal emulator
>for the Mac.  I recently bought White Knight but have been disappointed.
>I want my Mac Plus or SE keyboard to function more like terminal with
>the keypad and cursor key acting as they do on an actual terminal.  Is there
>someway to do this in WK?  Is there another recommendation?  Is it
>even possible on the MAC?
>
>RSVP via email.
>harry
>hal@world.std.com
Harry,

I have used Z-Term which is a shareware product, that does VT100 fairly
well.. I also have used Versa TermPro and MicrophoneII.. I use White Pines
VT241 emulator now.. It works for both VT220 and VT320 also...

Joe Craparotta	Craparotta@level.dec.com
		--or-- ...!decwrl!level.dec.com!craparotta
		--or-- craparotta%level.dec@decwrl.dec.com

discalimer: The above are my Personal views and do NOT represent those of my
EMPLOYER.. They don't listen to me anyway.. :-))