[comp.sys.mac.misc] Results: Backup programs for the Macintosh

wbridgm@hubcap.clemson.edu (William T. Bridgman) (04/10/91)

For those who asked to see the results of my inquiry for
backup programs for the Mac (and thanks to one person who
pointed out that a MacIntosh is not a Macintosh) I'm posting
a brief summary:

FastBack II
   5th Generation Systems
Retrospect
   Dantz Development Corp, phone 415-849-0293
DiskFit
DiskFit 2.0 (runs under System 7.0)
   SuperMac
MacTools Deluxe
   Central Point Software
   Compression
   complete, incremental, differential backups
SUM II
   Symantec Software
   general hard disk backup/utility/encryption/protection
Redux 1.01
   Microseed Publishing
Compact Pro (shareware, $25)
   compact-pro-13.hqx on sumex
   (not really a backup program but can be used as one,
   worth the shareware fee in any case)

Thanks to all those who assisted me in this search.
Now to get some detailed brochures....

|  William T. "Tom" Bridgman         | wbridgm@hubcap.clemson.edu     |
|  Department of Physics & Astronomy |                                |
|  Clemson University                |"Black Holes under Construction.|
|  Clemson, SC   29634               |       WATCH YOUR STEP!"        |

price@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr10.124751.26713@hubcap.clemson.edu>, wbridgm@hubcap.clemson.edu (William T. Bridgman) writes:
>For those who asked to see the results of my inquiry for
>backup programs for the Mac (and thanks to one person who
>pointed out that a MacIntosh is not a Macintosh) I'm posting
>a brief summary:

>Redux 1.01

	This is currently in version 1.62.

  John Price                   | Internet: price@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu
  5-145 Knudsen Hall           | BITNET:   price@uclaph
  UCLA Dept. of Physics        | SPAN:     uclapp::price
  Los Angeles, CA  90024-1547  | YellNet:  213-825-2259
             Where there is no solution, there is no problem.