[comp.sys.mac.misc] Accounting on Laser Printers

jf@ap.co.umist.ac.uk (John Forrest) (04/10/91)

A while back I remember seeing something that allowed you to
keep pagecount per user accounting records on a laser. At the
time I ignored it, but now would quite like to get hold of the
thing. It might have been on comp.binaries.mac - I really
can't remember. Anyway, any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

John Forrest
Dept of Computation
UMIST

kovar@eclectic.COM (David C. Kovar) (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr9.210419.10150@cns.umist.ac.uk> jf@ap.co.umist.ac.uk (John Forrest) writes:
>A while back I remember seeing something that allowed you to
>keep pagecount per user accounting records on a laser. At the
>time I ignored it, but now would quite like to get hold of the
>thing. It might have been on comp.binaries.mac - I really
>can't remember. Anyway, any pointers would be welcome.

  We provide a Shareware application called PrintTrack that does this
on a per Mac basis and a commercial application called Authenticator
that provides security and per user printer tracking. If you're interested
in more information, please send mail to info@eclectic.com.

-David C. Kovar
	Consultant				ARPA: kovar@eclectic.com
	Eclectic Associates			AppleLink: ECLECTIC
	Ma Bell: 617-643-3373			MacNET: DKovar

         "It is easier to get forgiveness than permission."