[comp.sys.mac.misc] LC and GS compatibility

ck31+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Bruce Kidwell) (04/11/91)

Apple's official response on the question of GS emulation on the LC
is "Not yet."  Look for a fix to be released sometime in the near
future.

Chris Kidwell
ck31+@andrew.cmu.edu

rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Roby Sherman) (04/12/91)

In <oc18kM200WB8IFpFJ5@andrew.cmu.edu> ck31+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Bruce Kidwell) writes:

>Apple's official response on the question of GS emulation on the LC
>is "Not yet."  Look for a fix to be released sometime in the near
>future.

A "fix?"

Try a ENTIRELY NEW BOARD.

The //e board only has a 65c02 and a couple of ROMS and 256k of RAM.
A GS board would need a 65816, an esoniq sound, chip, etc. RAM (assuming
they won't use the LC's internal RAM, etc.)

Roby

--
Roby Sherman (_Hobbes_)
	Internet : rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (04/14/91)

ck31+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Bruce Kidwell) writes:

> Apple's official response on the question of GS emulation on the LC
> is "Not yet."  Look for a fix to be released sometime in the near
> future.

It will require more than a simple fix to get GS "emulation" on the Apple
II board for the LC. Aside from the different processors used (Apple IIe,
65C02; Apple IIGS, 65816), I'm sure that there are some design elements to
consider.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Chief Technologist        UUCP: ...ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta