[comp.sys.mac.misc] TrueType installation

hong@sci.kun.nl (Hong Zhou) (04/14/91)

I downloaded TrueType fonts from apple.com and tried to
use the supplied DA/FONTS mover to instale it on my
Mac Classic running 6.07. But I got a message saying
'outline font system is not installed'. Does anybody
have any idea on this matter?

Thanx,
hong@augustus.mbfys.kun.nl

dburr@headcrash.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (04/15/91)

In article <hong.671647329@carinus> hong@sci.kun.nl (Hong Zhou) writes:
>I downloaded TrueType fonts from apple.com and tried to
>use the supplied DA/FONTS mover to instale it on my
>Mac Classic running 6.07. But I got a message saying
>'outline font system is not installed'. Does anybody
>have any idea on this matter?
>
>Thanx,
>hong@augustus.mbfys.kun.nl

Actually, you *CAN* install them that way, they just won't display.  That's
why you get the "outline font system not installed".  Drag the TrueTypeINIT
into your system folder and restart, and this should be fixed.  But you can
still install them without the TrueTyep init, you just won't be able to see
the fonts.
Donald Burr; Univ of California, Berkeley | America Online: DonaldBurr
INTERNET: dburr@ocf.Berkeley.EDU          |_Compu$erve:_72540,3071____________
      or: 72540.3071@compuserve.COM       |    "Send flames to /dev/null."