[comp.sys.mac.misc] AlarmsClock

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (04/11/91)

INITInfo 4.3.1. states that

	The clock works with After Dark, Pyro, and Screen Locker but
	not with Moire, where the clock shines through the blanking.
	Synchronicity, same thing -- AlarmsClock shines through when
	it really shouldn't. (Jorg Brown 73177,1404)

I connot confirm this observation.

On my MacII running Sys 6.0.7, AlarmsClock shines through
Pyro 4.0.1. Now Tech Support was not very helpful ("AlarmsClock is not
SuperClock"), but since I own a copy of Now Utilities, but not
SuperClock, I would like to stick with what I got.

Is there anyone out there who can confirm that AlarmsClock and Pyro
get along without problems? Do others have the same problem?

Edgar

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (04/15/91)

In article <19087@cs.utexas.edu> knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) writes:

>INITInfo 4.3.1. states that
>
>	The clock works with After Dark, Pyro, and Screen Locker but
>	not with Moire, where the clock shines through the blanking.
>	Synchronicity, same thing -- AlarmsClock shines through when
>	it really shouldn't. (Jorg Brown 73177,1404)
>
>I connot confirm this observation.
>
>On my MacII running Sys 6.0.7, AlarmsClock shines through
>Pyro 4.0.1. Now Tech Support was not very helpful ("AlarmsClock is not
>SuperClock"), but since I own a copy of Now Utilities, but not
>SuperClock, I would like to stick with what I got.

Are you running TrueType?

If so, it must run before the screen saver, or the symptom is as
described.

I personally have verified this behavior with After Dark and Pyro 4.0.1.

Since you have Now Utilities, you should use Startup Manager to move
Truetype earlier in the INIT sequence.

jim

--
     __           __
     /  o         /      Jim Budler      jimb@silvlis.com      |  Proud

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (04/15/91)

In article <1991Apr15.015811.12887@silvlis.com> I write:
>In article <19087@cs.utexas.edu> knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) writes:
[...]
>>On my MacII running Sys 6.0.7, AlarmsClock shines through
>>Pyro 4.0.1. Now Tech Support was not very helpful ("AlarmsClock is not
>
>Are you running TrueType?
>
>If so, it must run before the screen saver, or the symptom is as
>described.
>
>I personally have verified this behavior with After Dark and Pyro 4.0.1.

I sure made that sound like I had laboriously debugged it myself 8^)

Sorry, the information was gleaned from either Steve Brecher or
Jorg Brown (sp?) during a thread on Compuserve concerning exactly
this problem. Both participated in the thread.

Jorg Brown works at Now, so Now is now 8^) aware of the problem.

jim

--