[comp.sys.mac.misc] PowerKey hardware? Any comments?

sm196103@seas.gwu.edu (Scott Cherkofsky) (04/16/91)

I am thinking about buying the PowerKey hardware from Sophisticated Circuits.

This little beauty will turn on my SE/30 from the keyboard 'ON' key and shut
it down from the Special menu just like with the Mac II series of computer.

What I was wondering is if anybody has bought this hardware and what your
feelings on it are:

Do you like it?
Does it have any obvious problems?
Is it worth the dough?

I would appreciate any response and any comments you may have.

Thanx a  bunch,

Scott

--
Scott Cherkofsky			"The experience of going through
sm196103@seas.GWU.edu			 life may be intended as a warning

tvex@milton.u.washington.edu (t@vex) (04/16/91)

In article <3054@sparko.gwu.edu> sm196103@seas.gwu.edu (Scott Cherkofsky) writes:
>I am thinking about buying the PowerKey hardware from Sophisticated Circuits.
>
>This little beauty will turn on my SE/30 from the keyboard 'ON' key and shut
>it down from the Special menu just like with the Mac II series of computer.
>
>What I was wondering is if anybody has bought this hardware and what your
>feelings on it are:
>
>Do you like it?
>Does it have any obvious problems?

Yeah. I like it. Yeah, it's worth the bucks--and so pretty it was written up in
no less than three design journals last year. It can also turn on your mac from

a remote site via modem with the right support software and comes bundled with
some neato soft. I can also recommend this package on the basis of the company
that offers it. Sophisticated Circuits is, in my opinion, one of the most rep-
utable firms in the biz. There--short and sweet. Now go spend some $$ and have
fun with a good product.