[comp.sys.mac.misc] WANTED: Configurable multi-button mouse

hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu (Stephen Haase) (04/16/91)

I've been fighting with my Apple mouse for months now and I'm finally fed up
with it. The problem is in choosing an alternative. I know what I want, but
I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Maybe someone out there can help me.
This is what I want:
	Multiple buttons(preferably 3 buttons)
	The ability to configure the buttons to whatever you want(via CDEV or
	whatever..)  What would be really cool was if you could configure it
	seperatly for different applications, ie one setup for the finder,
	another for word processing, another for a good game etc....
	A mouse that "feels good". I've tried Logitech's newest 3 button mouse
	for the IBM but it doesn't fit my hand(its about 1 inch to short)
	Preferably less than $100
If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it.
thanx
Steve
hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu

xdpq8@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (04/16/91)

Steve
A friend of mine has a Kensington Trackball and he seems to be very happy
it. No mouse pad, two buttons and very maneuverable....

Steve Fuller
xdpq8@vaxf.cc.iastate.edu

bell@apple.com (Mike Bell) (04/16/91)

 I use the Mouse Systems A^3 mouse. You can set the buttons via a CDEV to do
whatever key sequence you want. I use it for X-windows; it comes preset for
that.

             Mike Bell

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (04/16/91)

    In article <51555@apple.Apple.COM> bell@apple.com (Mike Bell) writes:
    > I use the Mouse Systems A^3 mouse. You can set the buttons via a CDEV to do
    >whatever key sequence you want. I use it for X-windows; it comes preset for
    >that.

Can you set:
	Left button 	== normal, regular click
	Middle Button 	== click + Option key
	Right Button 	== click + Command key

	??????

	Or do you have to use a Macro Package of some kind?

Ken Warner