[comp.sys.mac.misc] FTP site "um-mts.cc.umich.edu"

orly@sal-sun104.usc.edu (Victor Orly) (04/17/91)

Victor Orly (orly@aludra.usc.edu)

I'm trying to download some DA's, applications, and CDEV's from the site
listed above (um-mts.cc.umich.edu). After my anonymous login, I typed
"cd PC2:", and got the index file. But....how do I get the files in the
directory? I tried the standard "get" command used with other sites, but
I continuously got messages stating "file not found".

Any or all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

	Victor R. Orly

rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Richard Sucgang) (04/17/91)

In article <16628@chaph.usc.edu> orly@sal-sun104.usc.edu (Victor Orly) writes:

>Victor Orly (orly@aludra.usc.edu)
>
>I'm trying to download some DA's, applications, and CDEV's from the site
>listed above (um-mts.cc.umich.edu). After my anonymous login, I typed
>"cd PC2:", and got the index file. But....how do I get the files in the
>directory? I tried the standard "get" command used with other sites, but
>I continuously got messages stating "file not found".
>
>Any or all suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>	Victor R. Orly

I would have directed this to Victor only, but I suspect
that there are others who had this same problem.
You are in the wrong directory. Go to pc2:.
That is, first type cd pc2: ... you did the same
thing to fget the index, no?
-rich
Richard Sucgang : Dept. of Anatomy and Cell Biology
Columbia University (sucgang@cuhhca.hhmi.columbia.edu;
de slime god         rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu)

news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr16.234958.8434@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Richard Sucgang) writes:
>In article <16628@chaph.usc.edu> orly@sal-sun104.usc.edu (Victor Orly) writes:
>>I'm trying to download some DA's, applications, and CDEV's from the site
>>listed above (um-mts.cc.umich.edu). After my anonymous login, I typed
>>"cd PC2:", and got the index file. But....how do I get the files in the
>>directory? I tried the standard "get" command used with other sites, but
>>I continuously got messages stating "file not found".

Almost right, what you do is:
1) cd pc2:
2) get directory/remotefilenam localfilename
	(i.e. if the directory is utils and the file you are after is afile.hqx
	the command would be: get utils/afile.hqx afile.hqx
3) Thats it!!

Cheers
Al

Allan Burton           Phone +64 63 69099 x8564, Fax +64 63 505607
Macintosh Consultant,  TimeZone GMT +12,  Internet A.K.Burton@massey.ac.nz
Computer Centre, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand

BILLPARK@MAINE.BITNET (04/19/91)

In regard to your problem, after the "get" command and the
file name you want to download, you need to add a local file
name -- that is, what the file will be called on your local
file list. So, to get the file INIT/WARP, you'd need this
command [be sure to command cd PC2 first]:

get INIT/WARP warp.init

[the local file name can be anything you want!]

Hope this helps.