[comp.sys.mac.misc] Re : mouse problems

pas1@unhd.unh.edu (Paul A Simoneau) (04/26/91)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Re: Shaky Mouse
In article <1991Apr25.161157.4617@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson) writes:
>rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson) writes:
>

>>My mouse has suddenly become rather shaky.  I notice when I track
>>downward, my mouse will jump up about 1/4" at irregular intervals.
>>Anyone seen such behaviour?
>>-scott
>
>but on the screen, the cursor jumps every so often.  Someone mentioned
>that some mice (starting with serial AB...) were bad.  Anyone had a mouse
>go bad due to something other than dirt?
>
>-Scott

Yes.  A while ago, a bunch of postings about this problem popped up.  The
mice all seemed to have serial numbers starting with AP.  Apple denied any
manufacturing problems with these mice, but I think its rather uncommon
to have such a similar problem with only one group of mice. (p.s. my
mouse was still on warranty, so i got it replace for $0 :) ).

Any other comments?

Paul Simoneau
pas1@unhd.unh.edu