[comp.sys.mac.misc] Good mice

phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (04/27/91)

The only mouse worth getting is the microsoft mouse.
It is perfectly compatible, both by definition, and in
practice, unlike the logidreck. It is the best feeling
and best tracking mouse in the world. I only wish I
could get one for my stupid Mac. And my stupid Apollo.

--
	It doesn't have to be perfect to be useful.

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) (04/28/91)

In article <1991Apr26.222940.29322@amd.com> phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil Ngai) writes:
|>The only mouse worth getting is the microsoft mouse.
|>It is perfectly compatible, both by definition, and in
|>practice, unlike the logidreck. It is the best feeling
|>and best tracking mouse in the world. I only wish I
|>could get one for my stupid Mac. And my stupid Apollo.

I will agree that the new MS Mouse is very nice, but you overgeneralized.
first of all, Logitech puts on some DAMNED nice mice.  That new wireless is
awesome.  The ergonomic mice are REAL nice to use, and the third button is
occasionally useful.

And MS mice are NOT always compatible.  There have been several times when
they screwed up their drivers with new mice and old programs wouldn't work
anymore.

Brian

kxb@math.ksu.edu (Karl Buck) (04/28/91)

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:

>In article <1991Apr26.222940.29322@amd.com> phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil Ngai) writes:
>|>The only mouse worth getting is the microsoft mouse.
>|>It is perfectly compatible, both by definition, and in
>|>practice, unlike the logidreck. It is the best feeling
>|>and best tracking mouse in the world. I only wish I
>|>could get one for my stupid Mac. And my stupid Apollo.

I must disagree. I've had my C7 for ~6 years, never even cleaned it once, and
have not had a bit of trouble with it. Besides that, Logitech's new mice
come with a lifetime warranty. Not bad for 65 bucks.
--
 Karl Buck   ** Doncha hate it when people put ^L's in their posts? **
 KSU Dept. of Mathematics          email: kxb@hilbert.math.ksu.edu