[comp.sys.mac.misc] Is zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu

jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) (04/22/91)

I haven't been able to access the NCSA anonymous ftp site thoughout the week.
Has there been any change in the site or is it just a temporary situation?

Note: I am looking for Eudora on that site and I can't find it in other
"standard" sites.

Thanks. jerome

Jerome Plun            []  Is it a crime to want something else?
jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu    []  Is it a crime to believe in something different?
Washington University  []
St Louis, MO           []  "Smalltown England", New Model Army, Vengeance

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (04/22/91)

jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) writes:

>I haven't been able to access the NCSA anonymous ftp site thoughout the week.
>Has there been any change in the site or is it just a temporary situation?

Zaphod has been moved to 141.142.20.50; the old site should be giving out
some messages but...

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu

hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Kurt Hirchert) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr21.204539.26471@cec1.wustl.edu> jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) writes:
>I haven't been able to access the NCSA anonymous ftp site thoughout the week.
>Has there been any change in the site or is it just a temporary situation?
>
>Note: I am looking for Eudora on that site and I can't find it in other
>"standard" sites.

All of NCSA's computers are being moved from the University of Illinois IP
network (128.174.0.0) to one belonging solely to NCSA (141.142.0.0).  Except
in very rarely cases, machines are retaining their host identification within
the network, so zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu (which we call ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu when
we advertise it as an anonymous FTP server) is now at address 141.142.20.50.

On the other hand, I doubt that you will find Eudora there, because we didn't
write it.  It was written by Steve Dorner of the University of Illinois
Computing Services Office.  I just found Eudora on one of their machines
-- ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (128.174.5.59).
--
Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu