[comp.sys.mac.misc] SGIL "Fast Math" - Summary - **Incompatibility**

jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeff White) (04/30/91)

In article <BARVIAN.91Apr28204012@dart.ece.cmu.edu> barvian@ece.cmu.edu (Scott Barvian) writes:
>Thanks to all those who provided advice about the SGIL "Fast Math Init".
>On an unaccelerated Mac Plus, Speedometer says that it boosts the math
>performance from 1.02 to 3.32 (relative to an SE).  I'm going to attempt
>to benchmark some applications and see if this is really true.  It sounds
>great!

  I also use the SGIL package, but one package that doesn't work with it is
Managing Your Money (both the older 3.x version and the latest 4.0 version).
I don't use it extensively (my father does), but balances don't come out right,
dollar amounts are screwed up, in summary, you can't use it.  Fortunately,
you can return SGIL to it's normal mode directly from the control panel (ie.
you don't have to change and reboot), which is what I have him do.

							Jeff White
							jeff@seas.upenn.edu