[comp.sys.mac.misc] ResEdit

wilmott@emerald.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (11/09/90)

---

Hello all. I have been looking for the latest version of ResEdit
today without any luck. Sumex-aim has a nice collection of stuff,
including some files for use with ResEdit, but not the actual
ResEdit program itself (at least not that I could find). Could
some kind soul please either tell me of an ftp site I can get it
from, or e-mail it to me? Thanks loads...

				-Ray

wilmott@remus.rutgers.edu

trottiers@yvax.byu.edu (11/09/90)

RW> Hello all. I have been looking for the latest version of ResEdit
RW> today without any luck. Sumex-aim has a nice collection of stuff,
RW> including some files for use with ResEdit, but not the actual
RW> ResEdit program itself (at least not that I could find). Could some
RW> kind soul please either tell me of an ftp site I can get it from,
RW> or e-mail it to me? Thanks loads...

Here we go again!

heddle@clas01.cebaf.gov (David Heddle) (01/09/91)

Dear Friends:

Can anyone tell me where I can get the latest version of ResEdit (2.1?) ?
I feel like a dinosaur -- still using version 1.2.

cheers,
dph

francis@uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (01/26/91)

In article <56211@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) writes:

   I read in one of the Info-Mac digests that Addison Wesley will be publishing
   a book called 'Using ResEdit', or something along those lines, that will
   include a disk with ResEdit 2.1 on it.  Hopefully the computer gods will
   look favourably upon this tome and make it available at B. Daltons around
   the country, so I can buy myself a copy the second I see it!

Or you can order just the program from APDA, at (800) 282-2732.  Or
you could (not that I am endorsing this, of course) find somebody on
the Net who would be willing to mail you a copy, despite the
illegality.  (What, Netfolk pirate? Never!)

--
/=============================================================================\
| Francis Stracke		| My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|

feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) (01/26/91)

I read in one of the Info-Mac digests that Addison Wesley will be publishing
a book called 'Using ResEdit', or something along those lines, that will
include a disk with ResEdit 2.1 on it.  Hopefully the computer gods will
look favourably upon this tome and make it available at B. Daltons around
the country, so I can buy myself a copy the second I see it!

John Feinberg
SUNY Buffalo

jwwalker@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Jim Walker) (01/27/91)

In article <56211@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) writes:
>I read in one of the Info-Mac digests that Addison Wesley will be publishing
>a book called 'Using ResEdit', or something along those lines, that will
>include a disk with ResEdit 2.1 on it.
[stuff deleted]

You might also be interested in the book "Zen and the Art of Resource
Editing", published by BMUG.  It also comes with a disk that includes
ResEdit 2.1.  I don't think it's in book stores (yet?), but you could call
BMUG at (415) 549-BMUG.

Disclaimer:  I wrote one of the articles in the BMUG book, so I'm not
exactly impartial.
--
  -- Jim Walker 76367.2271@compuserve.com

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (01/28/91)

In article <56211@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) writes:
|I read in one of the Info-Mac digests that Addison Wesley will be publishing
|a book called 'Using ResEdit', or something along those lines, that will
|include a disk with ResEdit 2.1 on it.  Hopefully the computer gods will
|look favourably upon this tome and make it available at B. Daltons around
|the country, so I can buy myself a copy the second I see it!

The book is called "ResEdit Reference" and is in the stores as we speak.
I bought a copy several weeks ago for $12.95 at a local Software, Etc. store.
It doesn't come with a disk.  I believe the book/disk package is only available
through APDA.  It covers ResEdit 2.1b3, and is described on the title page as
an "Apple Development Document" which means, basically, that the contents are
substantially correct but don't bet the house on it.  The cover is brown to
distinguish it from the white-covered Apple Gospel Addison-Wesley books.

That's all I know.

chaz

--
Someone please release me from this trance.
clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu                                       AOL:Crowbone

rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Richard Sucgang) (05/01/91)

Help.  Which archive has the latest version of ResEdit?
Come to think of it, where in the archive?

-rich
Richard Sucgang : Dept. of Anatomy and Cell Biology
Columbia University (sucgang@cuhhca.hhmi.columbia.edu;
de slime god         rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu)