[comp.sys.mac.misc] MAJOR DUMBNESS

reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) (05/01/91)

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>In article <1991Apr28.084754.29484@ucselx.sdsu.edu> maxc1158@ucselx.sdsu.edu (Greg Penetrante) writes:
>>
>>I may get flak for this, but I must say it: NuTek should be more explicit on
>>the Toaster's capabilities AND limitations. Of course, purchasing a piece of
>>gear that is touted to replace or accomplish what existing DVE's do is tempting;
>>but finding out that you CANNOT integrate this device into your existing
>>Betacam-SP, M-II or even S-VHS component system -- is flushing money down the
>>toilet.
>>
>>Okay, okay, I know responsible managers would do their jobs and inquire more
>>deeply about the Toaster before making a final purchase decision; BUT, how
>>many NON-fortune-1000 companies and small businesses do that?
>>

>And you expect NewTek to counsel the purchasers when they think they may
>be making a wrong purchase?!  "I'm sorry, but I don't think you should buy our
>product."
>
>--
>   |||   Ed Krimen [ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu or al661@cleveland.freenet.edu]
>   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
>  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261

The literature I have from New Tek clearly points out the Toaster's
limitations requiring a separate synch mechanism. And the salespeople I talked
to also made that point quite clear.

Sorry, but if you're bitching about not getting enough information, in this
case I'd argue that you weren't exactly looking for information.

--K.

UUCP: {tcnet, crash, quest}!orbit!pnet51!reichard
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!reichard@nosc.mil
INET: reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org