[comp.sys.mac.misc] Capital Area Micro Society

derek@leah.albany.edu (Cinderella Man) (04/24/91)

Has anyone heard of this organization?  I've been asked to find out
information about it -- apparantly it's a support group for the Albany-
Troy-Schenectady area.  I've also heard rumors that it meets here at SUNY
Albany, but never seen any news about it.

If you know anything about it, please mail me...

						Derek L.
--
+ + "When nothing else remains, one must scream.  Silence is the ultimate  + +
+        crime against humanity." -- Nadezhda Mandelstam		     +

In article <1991Apr24.161603.5528@sarah.albany.edu> derek@leah.albany.edu (Cinderella Man) writes:

| Has anyone heard of this organization?

  The Capitol Area Microcomputer Society is a blanket organization for
a number of SIGs in this area. It has a meeting once a month at 7pm on
the 2nd Wednesday of the month in the Javitts Room at Rockerfeller
College (downtown SUNY where Washinton and Western join, more or less),
and each SIG has their own meeting. CAMS provides a common newsletter
and forum. I think the building is called Draper Hall, but please don't
quote me on that one.

  SIGs include two PC groups, Enable, Mac, Amiga (I think), UNIX, dBase,
and some others I'm probably forgetting.
        "Most of the VAX instructions are in microcode,
         but halt and no-op are in hardware for efficiency"

leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) (05/01/91)

In article <3366@crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen@crdos1.crd.ge.com (bill davidsen) writes:
>  The Capitol Area Microcomputer Society is a blanket organization for
>a number of SIGs in this area. It has a meeting once a month at 7pm on
>the 2nd Wednesday of the month in the Javitts Room at Rockerfeller
>College (downtown SUNY where Washinton and Western join, more or less),
>and each SIG has their own meeting. CAMS provides a common newsletter
>and forum. I think the building is called Draper Hall, but please don't
>quote me on that one.
>
>  SIGs include two PC groups, Enable, Mac, Amiga (I think), UNIX, dBase,
>and some others I'm probably forgetting.

The following is a shameless plug:

If you are a Mac user and are interested in yet another regional user's
group, you should know about Neumac, a computer user's group specifically
for Macintosh users.  Neumac meets monthly (not in July or August),
generally on the first Wednesday of each month, at the Bethlehem Public
Library in Delmar, NY, 7:00 to 9:00 pm.  The next meeting is on Tuesday,
May 7.  (the meeting had to be moved from the usual Wed. night because
of a resource conflict).  The public is invited.  Monthly meetings feature
vendor presentations, seminars, a raffle, and so on.  Neumac also has a
large public-domain and shareware library, and operates its own BBS, which
is available to members for a nominal yearly charge.

-Bill Leue
leue@crd.ge.com
(disclaimer:  I'm the Neumac President this year, and so this is hardly
an unbiased announcement.)