[comp.sys.mac.misc] Message Of The Day Over An AppleTalk Network / Manhatton Font

robertb@otc.otca.oz.au (Robert Budini) (04/29/91)

Hello people

Does anybody know of a program that will display a message on peoples Mac when they start up of a morning ? (I use the Quickconference utility in Quickmail, however people get angry when I interupt them when their in the middle of typing something)

Secondly, I'm writing a manual on how to use certain programs on the Mac, and I would like a graphic reprsentation of the SHIFT, OPTION & COMMAND keys (and any other keys).  I believe that the font Manhatton has these.  Does anyone have the font Manhatton and would they be so kind and tell me where I could find it.  Or maybe there is something better ?

Regards

Robert Budini
Network Administrator

Ps Has anybody used the program called The Multilingual Mac ?  I'm interested in some feed back on how the program works.

john@publications.ccc.monash.edu.au (John Wilkins) (05/02/91)

In article <2629@otc.otca.oz> robertb@otc.otca.oz.au (Robert Budini) writes:
>Hello people
>
>Does anybody know of a program that will display a message on peoples Mac when
they start up of a morning ? (I use the Quickconference utility in Quickmail,
however people get angry when I interupt them when their in the middle of
typing something)

If you're using Quickmail, use the Newsflash facility. On bootup, registered
users see a message (which could be See news of <date> in server folder).