[comp.sys.mac.misc] Jasmine needs upgrade for 7.0/Looking for DriveWare 1.77+

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) (05/02/91)

I read in MacWeek this week that Jasmine drives will require DriveWare 1.77 (or
later) to work with System 7.  It also says that the upgrade is  free.  Does
anyone have a copy of 1.77 (or later) they could send me, or know an easy way
of getting it?

Any help much appreciated!

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "Good tea.        =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  Nice house."     =
=                                * mine                *  -Worf            =

In article <1991May1.115249.1@gsbacd.uchicago.edu>, I wrote:
> I read in MacWeek this week that Jasmine drives will require DriveWare 1.77 (or
> later) to work with System 7.  It also says that the upgrade is  free.  Does
> anyone have a copy of 1.77 (or later) they could send me, or know an easy way
> of getting it?

Well, I called Jasmine (for only the 2nd time since I got my drive).  I must
say that things seem to have changed there.  I got thru within 2 minutes to
someone in sales.  They referred me to tech support.  Talked to someone again
within 2 minutes, and they are sending me new DriveWare for free!  Pretty good.
(This is of course assuming that they actually send it, which given Jasmine's
checkered past is not 100% certain :->).  I for one am impressed.  Maybe
they're getting their act together.

Robert

P.S.
Since my only connection is at 1200 baud, it's not too practical for me to
upload and pass the driveware on.  But give Jasmine a call if you need it; they
were quite helpful.

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "Good tea.        =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  Nice house."     =
=                                * mine                *  -Worf            =

hopperj@dayton.saic.com (05/02/91)

I have been running system 7 with a jasmane 100 mb drive all winter and have
had no problems with the disk drive.  i did turn on virtual memory for a short
time and it seemed to work ok but was slow enough that i turned it back off.
This is not to say there is not an incompatability as someone pointed out
earlier only that it doesnt crash on my mac II.  jim