[comp.sys.mac.misc] A TrueType question that I don't think's been asked yet

hlsw_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Dave Hollinsworth) (05/03/91)

OK, here goes:

Suppose that you write a paper on a Mac using a Truetype font (let's use
Courier).  Now suppose that you take this paper to another Mac that does
not have anything TrueType installed.  Will the word processor and/or
printer be able to convert the document to the bitmap Courier font?  Or
vice versa?

Just wondering,
*Dave Hollinsworth              *Everybody got their Black & Decker; blood and*
*hlsw_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu*fettucine everywhere. - Shriekback, "Go Bang"*
***********   DISCLAIMER:  They're my opinions.  Are they yours?   ************

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (05/03/91)

In article <13781@ur-cc.UUCP> hlsw_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Dave Hollinsworth) writes:
>OK, here goes:
>
>Suppose that you write a paper on a Mac using a Truetype font (let's use
>Courier).  Now suppose that you take this paper to another Mac that does
>not have anything TrueType installed.  Will the word processor and/or
>printer be able to convert the document to the bitmap Courier font?  Or
>vice versa?

Yes, it will work.
If you have a Postscript font, it will print first, then TrueType, then
Bitmap.