[comp.sys.mac.misc] Jasmine needs upgrade for 7.0 ....

wyeh@axl.eng.clemson.edu (Daniel Yeh) (05/08/91)

>In article <1991May1.115249.1@gsbacd.uchicago.edu>, I wrote:
>> I read in MacWeek this week that Jasmine drives will require DriveWare 1.77 (or
>> later) to work with System 7.  It also says that the upgrade is  free.  Does
>> anyone have a copy of 1.77 (or later) they could send me, or know an easy way
>> of getting it?

>Well, I called Jasmine (for only the 2nd time since I got my drive).  I must
>say that things seem to have changed there.  I got thru within 2 minutes to
>someone in sales.  They referred me to tech support.  Talked to someone again
>within 2 minutes, and they are sending me new DriveWare for free!  Pretty good.
>(This is of course assuming that they actually send it, which given Jasmine's
>checkered past is not 100% certain :->).  I for one am impressed.  Maybe
>they're getting their act together.

Well, the upgrade is not free, at least not from now. Just called Jasmine for
the DriveWare 1.79. They ask $19.95 for it. The sale rep also told me that
the latest DriveWare does not support the virtual memory.

Daniel
wyeh@eng.clemson.edu