[comp.sys.mac.misc] TrueType INIT comes with StyleWriter?

wchang@qin.Berkeley.EDU (05/08/91)

I was trying to set up a friend's StyleWriter; it came with
"Font/DA Mover 4.1"; "TrueType Fonts"; "Printing Tools";
but _NO_ TrueType INIT.

What's going on?
			    William Chang (wchang@ucbarpa.berkeley.edu)

norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Norton Chia) (05/08/91)

wchang@qin.Berkeley.EDU writes:

>I was trying to set up a friend's StyleWriter; it came with
>"Font/DA Mover 4.1"; "TrueType Fonts"; "Printing Tools";
>but _NO_ TrueType INIT.

>What's going on?
>			    William Chang (wchang@ucbarpa.berkeley.edu)

You should be able to find it on the Installer disk:
StyleWriter Installation/StyleWriter Software/TrueType(TM)
--
<<<<  My employers ignore me, I'm on my own when I speak out in public :^( >>>>
< Norton Chia   |  Mail me on norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU  APPLELINK:AUST0240   >

gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (05/08/91)

In article <1991May8.032017.12921@agate.berkeley.edu>, wchang@qin.Berkeley.EDU writes:
>I was trying to set up a friend's StyleWriter; it came with
>"Font/DA Mover 4.1"; "TrueType Fonts"; "Printing Tools";
>but _NO_ TrueType INIT.
>
>What's going on?

There is no disk labelled "TrueType INIT".  But I believe it's on the
Printing Tools disk (I may be wrong, don't have the disks and a Mac
here to check).  In any case, RTFMing (In this case, a -very- short
brochere thingie) and using the included Installer script (you -do-
use the Installer when possible to add System resources, don't you?)
to install TrueType and the StyleWriter driver will do wonders...

Jim Gaynor - AgVAX System Manager - Academic Computing - Ohio State University
VMS:<gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu>  UNIX:<gaynor@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Disclaimer : All opinions expressed here are mine and only mine.  So there!
Witty Quote: "Think, think, think, think..." - Winnie-the-Pooh, Taoist Bear.

In article <1991May8.032017.12921@agate.berkeley.edu> wchang@qin.Berkeley.EDU writes:
>I was trying to set up a friend's StyleWriter; it came with
>"Font/DA Mover 4.1"; "TrueType Fonts"; "Printing Tools";
>but _NO_ TrueType INIT.
>
>What's going on?

The StyleWriter comes with three disks:
Macintosh Printing Tools: TrueType drivers for everything but the StyleWriter
TrueType Fonts: F/DAM 4.1 and the fonts
StyleWriter Installation Disk: StyleWriter driver, TrueType Init, installer.