[comp.sys.mac.misc] Bug in TrueType Courier font?

chou@cs.washington.edu (Pai Chou) (05/09/91)

I think I found a bug with the TrueType Courier font
(which I downloaded from Apple.com).

key stroke   normally              TrueType Courier
----------   ------------------    ------------------
option-[     left  double quote    right double quote
option-{     right double quote    left  double quote
option-]     left  single quote    right single quote
option-}     right single quote    left  single quote

I wonder if other people have noticed this too?
Times and Helvetica have the correct quotes.
Did they fix this in the System 7.0 that they'll
introduce next week?

Pai Chou
chou@june.cs.washington.edu

steve@huxley.huxley.bitstream.com (Steve Stein) (05/10/91)

Pai -

The TT Courier I have is correct. (Shipped w/ Sys 7.0b4? CD)

The Courier left quotes are thick at the bottom and thin at the top.
The right quotes are thick at the top, thin at the bottom.

Isn't this how yours go?

- Steve Stein
- Bitstream, Inc.

torrie@cs.stanford.edu (Evan Torrie) (05/10/91)

steve@huxley.huxley.bitstream.com (Steve Stein) writes:

>Pai -

>The TT Courier I have is correct. (Shipped w/ Sys 7.0b4? CD)

>The Courier left quotes are thick at the bottom and thin at the top.
>The right quotes are thick at the top, thin at the bottom.

  This is exactly the same as the Truetype fonts made available
via ftp for 6.0.5+ (at least the fonts I downloaded were like this)

Evan Torrie.  Stanford University, Class of 199?       torrie@cs.stanford.edu
Murphy's Law of Intelism:  Just when you thought Intel had done everything
possible to pervert the course of computer architecture, they bring out the 860