[comp.sys.mac.misc] AppleLink <==> Internet E-mail - Question

Mark@mindlink.bc.ca (Mark Gray) (05/06/91)

I'm having some difficulty with e-mail between AppleLink and Internet.
I am able to send mail from Internet TO AppleLink with no problem, but
my correspondents on AppleLink can't seem to be able to reach me FROM
AppleLink - their letters keep getting returned.  My Internet address
is:

        Mark@mindlink.bc.ca

so, according to the Inter-Network Mail Guide, I tell my
correspondents on AppleLink to address mail to me as follows:

        Mark@mindlink.bc.ca@internet#

However, all my correspondents tell me that the mail isn't getting
through.  Do you know what the problem is?  If so, I'd appreciate your
replying directly to me, and if appropriate, I'll post a summary.
Thanks.

Regards,

Mark Gray
Mark Gray                   InterNet:    Mark@mindlink.bc.ca
Vancouver B.C. Canada       Tel:         (604) 266-0500
                            Fax:         (604) 266-0510

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (05/09/91)

Mark@mindlink.bc.ca (Mark Gray) writes:

>I'm having some difficulty with e-mail between AppleLink and Internet.

>so, according to the Inter-Network Mail Guide, I tell my
>correspondents on AppleLink to address mail to me as follows:

>        Mark@mindlink.bc.ca@internet#

The way that I figured out my address was to send myself
mail to <userid>@applelink.apple.com and then see what
return address is shown in AppleLink.

Enjoy
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =

Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com (05/13/91)

The answer regarding sending from AppleLink to the Internet is this way:
  Internetaddress@foo.bar.edu@DASNET#
In other words, put "@DASNET#" after the regular Internet address.
Randy Padawer
Internet: Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com