[comp.sys.mac.misc] Question on document to be posted to the net:

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (05/08/91)

Hello, there, Macintosh Programmers:

I'm writing an essay entitled "Writing Quality Macintosh Software," and
was wondering what your input on the format for posting it to the net
should be?

* MacWrite Format (With Graphics)
* Text Format/posted to the net with Pnews
* Microsoft Word 4.0 Format (with Graphics)

Please send me what you think is the best idea.  I feel that this essay
is an informative and interesting one, and would really like it if the
comp.sys.mac.cmmunity could take part in reading it.  It will be finished
tomorrow, and posted shortly thereafter.

If I were to post in MacWrite format or Microsoft Word 4.0 (3.0?)
format, I'd BinHex the file and make a second news post with
an overview of what it talks about.  For direct comments and
discussion on the net, however, perhaps sticking to a text-only
news-format post without the screen shots and icons would be
appropriate.  I welcome your comments.

Steve Klingsporn

vanover@bcsaic.UUCP (Jann VanOver) (05/14/91)

In article <14781@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) writes:

>Hello, there, Macintosh Programmers:
>
>I'm writing an essay entitled "Writing Quality Macintosh Software," and
>was wondering what your input on the format for posting it to the net
>should be?
>
>* MacWrite Format (With Graphics)
>* Text Format/posted to the net with Pnews
>* Microsoft Word 4.0 Format (with Graphics)

I've seen this question before and the answer always seems to be "All
three"

n67786@cc.tut.fi (Tero Nieminen) (05/17/91)

In article <47083@bcsaic.UUCP> vanover@bcsaic.UUCP (Jann VanOver) writes:

   In article <14781@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) writes:

   >Hello, there, Macintosh Programmers:
   >
   >I'm writing an essay entitled "Writing Quality Macintosh Software," and
   >was wondering what your input on the format for posting it to the net
   >should be?
   >
   >* MacWrite Format (With Graphics)
   >* Text Format/posted to the net with Pnews
   >* Microsoft Word 4.0 Format (with Graphics)

   I've seen this question before and the answer always seems to be "All
   three"

Also, PostScript is a suitable format for many unix sites, if the
document needs the graphics.
--
   Tero Nieminen                    Tampere University of Technology
   n67786@cc.tut.fi                 Tampere, Finland, Europe