[comp.sys.mac.misc] Color 13'' startup screens

ta-dw30@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (David Worenklein) (05/14/91)

So how do I make one?

David C Worenklein      | No one could tell me where my soul might be;
Columbia College '93    | I searched for God, but he eluded me;
in the City of New York | I sought my brother out, and found all three. -Crosby

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Fah Queue ) (05/14/91)

ta-dw30@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (David Worenklein) writes:

>So how do I make one?

Buy Adobe Photoshop, or get a copy of GIF Convertor 2.2d6, QuickGIF,
or Giffer. Open the GIF file, and save it as a StartUpScreen named 'StartUpScreen', or as a PICT Resource, with an ID of zero. (And pay your shareware fee.)

         No matter what you do, somebody always knew that you would...

ching@brahms.amd.com (Mike Ching) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May13.232724.24015@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> ta-dw30@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu writes:
>So how do I make one?

I'd like to know how to make a startup screen/desktop backdrop that fills
the MaxAppleZoom sized screen. Any suggestions?

Mike Ching

tnorthtj@cc.curtin.edu.au (Tim North) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May14.001230.3170@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Fah Queue ) writes:
> ta-dw30@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (David Worenklein) writes:
>
>>So how do I make one?
>
> Buy Adobe Photoshop, or get a copy of GIF Convertor 2.2d6, QuickGIF,
> or Giffer. Open the GIF file, and save it as a StartUpScreen named 'StartUpScreen', or as a PICT Resource, with an ID of zero. (And pay your shareware fee.)

Problem is the colour table is all screwed up. How do I fix this?
[Sure this has been asked 10^6 times, sorry.]

Cheers,
---------        | Dept Computer Engineering, Curtin University of Technology
   /   o  ----   | Perth. Western Australia.            Phone: +61 9 351 7908
  /   /  / / /   | Internet: North_TJ@cc.curtin.edu.au
		 | Bitnet:   North_TJ%cc.curtin.edu.au@cunyvm.bitnet
    _--_|\       | UUCP:     uunet!munnari.oz!cc.curtin.edu.au!North_TJ
-->\_.--._/      |I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...
         v       |I want to achieve it through not dying! -- Woody Allen.