[comp.sys.mac.misc] Another stupid BinHex question -> *.cpt

jphillip@en.ecn.purdue.edu (James C Phillips) (05/02/91)

	Why is it that I always seem to come up the dumbest questions ...

	Anyway, this again refers to BinHex ... what are you supposed to do
with a files that comes out as *.cpt??

	Still lost in MacSpace

   __            ___    _                        | Jim Phillips
  / /. ____     (/__) /_   .  /) /) .  _   _     |   jphillip@en.ecn.purdue.edu
 /_/_)_) ) )_   /    /  )_(__(__(__(_ /_)_/_)_   | Santa Cruz, CA
  /            (                     (           | W. Lafayette, IN
 /

		"Because once or twice is good for you soul."
				-Oingo Boingo, "Good For Your Soul"
--

   __            ___    _                        | Jim Phillips
  / /. ____     (/__) /_   .  /) /) .  _   _     |   jphillip@en.ecn.purdue.edu

dweisman@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Ordinary Man) (05/03/91)

In article <1991May2.042823.6275@en.ecn.purdue.edu>, jphillip@en.ecn.purdue.edu (James C Phillips) writes:
> 	Why is it that I always seem to come up the dumbest questions ...

It's not just you...We all ask beginner questions at one time or another.

> 	Anyway, this again refers to BinHex ... what are you supposed to do
> with a files that comes out as *.cpt??

That's not a Binhex thing. That's a file that was archived with a shareware
program called "Compact Pro". You can extract this with Compact Pro or a
smaller related utility called "Extractor". These are available via annoymous
ftp from the popular mac arhives like sumex-aim.stanford.edu and
mac.archive.umich.edu.

> 	Still lost in MacSpace

Never fear, the Usenet is here! :-)

--
|   Dan Weisman -  University of Miami - Florida   |  ||   ||   ||   ||   |

hillman@uservx.afwl.af.mil (05/17/91)

In article <1991May2.042823.6275@en.ecn.purdue.edu>,>
> 	Anyway, this again refers to BinHex ... what are you supposed to do
> with a files that comes out as *.cpt??
>
> 	Still lost in MacSpace
>
>These refer to compactor Pro, a different compacting program and not stuffit.
You must use it instead of Unstuffit.