[comp.sys.mac.misc] tex on a mac?

sven@cs.widener.edu (Sven Heinicke) (05/06/91)

I was wondering, has anyone gotten tex working on a macintosh?  Or how
about a mac classic (yes, I only have a mac classic)?  If you have
whitch c compiler did you use?  and for the big question, can I get
the applications from somebody?  You see, I don't have a c compiler
for my mac and I don't have gobbs of cash waiting to get one.
However, if I had a c compiler I would be trying to make web and tex
work on my mac.

--
sven@cs.widener.edu                                  Widener CS system manager
Sven Mike Heinicke                                          and Student

lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) (05/06/91)

In article <QDF+JM+@cs.widener.edu> sven@cs.widener.edu (Sven Heinicke) writes:
>I was wondering, has anyone gotten tex working on a macintosh?  Or how
>about a mac classic (yes, I only have a mac classic)?  If you have

There is a version of tex called OzTeX all compiled and everything available
via anonymous FTP to midway.uchicago.edu.  Look in pub/OzTeX.

Hope this helps.

Lawrence Miller

n138ct@tamuts.tamu.edu (Brent Burton) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May6.030924.29677@midway.uchicago.edu> lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) writes:
>In article <QDF+JM+@cs.widener.edu> sven@cs.widener.edu (Sven Heinicke) writes:
>>I was wondering, has anyone gotten tex working on a macintosh?  Or how

>There is a version of tex called OzTeX all compiled and everything available
>at midway.uchicago.edu

I've used OzTeX alot on my Mac + and it works great.  It's just such a disk
hog with all the fonts and stuff, but that's life.  I have the entire sys-
tem uncompressed on floppies and it fills up 9 or 10 800k floppies - it's
large.

HINT for downloading:  use a 9600 bps connection or you'll be downloading
stuff for the rest of your life. (but it'd be worth it if you survived)

Brent Burton
  n138ct@tamuts.tamu.edu

dcoster@lyman.pppl.gov (David Coster) (05/20/91)

There's a reasonably full implemantation of OzTeX on lyman.pppl.gov
(total size for the .sit file is 12743680 which includes SliTeX,
BibTeX, lots of fonts).

Dave.
--

---