[comp.sys.mac.misc] Best Desktop Publishing software?

picard@milton.u.washington.edu (Mary Stumpel) (05/14/91)

I know this topic has probably been hashed out before, but I'd like to know
what people here think the best (preferably low cost) DTP software is.
There are a few under the $200 range, such as Aldus's Personal Press and
Timeworks Publish it Easy but which gives the most bang for the buck?
Thanks for the help.

"I'll be back."
             The Terminalator.

kik@wjh12.harvard.edu (Ken Kreshtool) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May14.080935.6778@milton.u.washington.edu> picard@milton.u.washington.edu (Mary Stumpel) writes:

>I know this topic has probably been hashed out before, but I'd like to know
>what people here think the best (preferably low cost) DTP software is.
>There are a few under the $200 range, such as Aldus's Personal Press and
>Timeworks Publish it Easy but which gives the most bang for the buck?
>Thanks for the help.

Check out your university computerware place.  Ours sells Aldus PageMaker 4.0
for $157.  It's the real thing.

Ken Kreshtool
kik@wjh12.harvard.edu

harv@harvs.UUCP (Patrick L. Harvey) (05/20/91)

In article <607@wjh12.harvard.edu>, kik@wjh12.harvard.edu (Ken Kreshtool) writes:

> In article <1991May14.080935.6778@milton.u.washington.edu> picard@milton.u.washington.edu (Mary Stumpel) writes:
> >
> >I know this topic has probably been hashed out before, but I'd like to know
> >what people here think the best (preferably low cost) DTP software is.
> >There are a few under the $200 range, such as Aldus's Personal Press and
> >Timeworks Publish it Easy but which gives the most bang for the buck?
> >Thanks for the help.
>
> Check out your university computerware place.  Ours sells Aldus PageMaker 4.0
> for $157.  It's the real thing.
>
> Ken Kreshtool
> kik@wjh12.harvard.edu

Pagemaker is fair, I have been using Interleaf on Suns and/or Apollos for
a few years.  I saw a demo of their Beta Macintosh version and liked it quite
alot.  Depending on what exactly you need or want, it is quite a lot of bang
for the buck.  But then, for the right person so does a Ferrari.  (e.g., Interleaf
is not cheap)

Patrick L. Harvey           | Home: romed!harvs!harv@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
VLSI Technology, Inc.       | Work: vlsisj!phx!harv@decwrl.dec.com
(602) 752-6151              |