[comp.sys.mac.misc] Cost for system 7

rang@cs.wisc.edu (Anton Rang) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May14.171115.4763@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> qaly1@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>I just called the local "authorized dealer" here in Ithaca, NY, and I
>can have it today for $20 (no manuals) or wait until next week and get
>it for $99 (w/ manuals).  If I want to bring my own disks and copy it,
>that I can do for free, but I have to RENT THE TIME ON THE MAC TO DO IT!
>And the guy guarantees that would cost more than the $20!!!!

  That really sounds reasonable to me, honestly.  I mean, the dealers
don't really have the capacity to deal with several hundred users
coming in every day and spending an hour copying the things.  Doesn't
it make more sense to pay the $20 (for 12 disks, after all)?  You get
to keep the disks.... :-)

	Anton

+---------------------------+------------------+-------------+----------------+
| Anton Rang (grad student) | rang@cs.wisc.edu | UW--Madison | "VMS Forever!" |
+---------------------------+------------------+-------------+----------------+

bayes@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) (05/21/91)

If you're a BMUG member or wannabe member, call 415-419-3813.  $25 for
us members, more for non-members.  You give them credit card #, etc at
that number (it was on an answering machine when I called).  They tell
you about joining BMUG, if you aren't anointed yet.

I don't remember hearing whether they'd handle overseas requests.

Scott Bayes

bayes@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) (05/21/91)

Beeeeeepppp! Brain rot alert! The number is 415-849-3813 for System 7.0
from BMUG.

Scott (much chagrined) Bayes