[comp.sys.mac.misc] SilverLining partitions aren't recognized?

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (05/19/91)

  Some poeple often say that a large HD should be partitioned into
some volumes. Actually if I gather all applications, which are
"stable" files, I reduce fragmentation of HD in some  degree.

  So I used SilverLining(5.26) for my 2 HD, but ... SUM II doesn't
recognize these partitions correctly. AND system 7 compatibility
checker too! compatibility checker never recognize these partitions,
just displays "some volumes" and never work.

  Is it a bug of SiverLining or specification of Mac OS?

Masato Ogawa					Sony corp.

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp				Tokyo, Japan

cwagar@ducvax.auburn.edu ((Clayton Wagar - Auburn University)) (05/19/91)

In article <OGAWA.91May19132047@actor.sm.sony.co.jp>, ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) writes:
>   So I used SilverLining(5.26) for my 2 HD, but ... SUM II doesn't
> recognize these partitions correctly. AND system 7 compatibility
> checker too! compatibility checker never recognize these partitions,
> just displays "some volumes" and never work.
>
>   Is it a bug of SiverLining or specification of Mac OS?

According to the April 30 MacWeek...

	Current Version       Req. for S7        Required for VM
	    SL5.28                SL5.27              5.3*

The upgrade to 5.3 will be announced soon, and will be $25-$50 depending on the
version you have now.

Clayton

cwagar@ducvax.auburn.edu
AOL "YenSid1"
KD4*** (Waiting...)

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (05/21/91)

The person I spoke to at La Cie (800-999-0143, in Japan you may
have to call 503-684-0143) told me to send my original program disk
of SilverLining 5.26 plus $25 to receive version 5.30 which is
System 7.0 compatible. The address is:

Attn: Upgrade
La Cie
19552 SW 90th Court
Tualatin, OR 97062
--
Dana E. Keil                Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of California, Berkeley                      dana@are.berkeley.edu