[comp.sys.mac.misc] Want to play Macintosh Jeopardy?

jpm@cs.hut.fi (Jussi-Pekka Mantere) (05/22/91)

Who has said:

	"Our goal is to put a computer on every desktop,
	 and they will be the window into the world of information."

No.

No.

Yes.

A severe case of deja vu...

But this time, is Bill Steve or John Steve or Bill John or ...

(It was none other than William Gates, on Moneyline on CNN International
speaking from Comdex in Atlanta.)

Chape

ae219fl@prism.gatech.EDU (TSUNG,FU-LIN) (05/22/91)

In article <JPM.91May22024929@sauna.hut.fi> jpm@cs.hut.fi (Jussi-Pekka Mantere) writes:
>Who has said:
>	"Our goal is to put a computer on every desktop,
>	 and they will be the window into the world of information."
>(It was none other than William Gates, on Moneyline on CNN International
>speaking from Comdex in Atlanta.)
>Chape

   During the Comdex Spring/Windows World 91  (also known as Windex 8-),
Bill mentioned - if windows 3.0 blurs the line between compatibles and macs,
the 3.1 will erase the line. (paraphrasing from the paper I read-  I only
attended the display section)  Supposely the 3.1 will due out later this
year, it'll use the True-type technology and have better information exchange
capability, etc. than the 3.0
   I guess the 7.0 group should start working on the 8.0 immediately 8-).

   Another sad news, Apple will layoff approx 1500 emp. during the next year.

--
Fu-Lin Tsung
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ae219fl