[comp.sys.mac.misc] Articles in this group

mst@tsc.enet.dec.com (Mike Temkin) (05/22/91)

I have been reading the net for quite a while and was wondering
why there are so many articles in this group (comp.sys.mac.misc)
that should not be here.

I don't know if it bothers anyone else, but I sure irks me to have
to wade through the same articles that I read in c.s.m.apps and
c.s.m.system and such.  If you want to talk/gripe about 6.0.x or
7.0, please refrain from cross posting here.

This is NOT a flame, just an observation.  If there is anyone else
out there that feels this way, PLEASE post a response.

Thank you.

Mike Temkin

Disclaimer:
  These opinions are my own, I can't even give them away!

jenner@post.ntu.edu.au (05/22/91)

In article <3193@shodha.enet.dec.com> mst@tsc.enet.dec.com (Mike Temkin)
writes:
>I have been reading the net for quite a while and was wondering
>why there are so many articles in this group (comp.sys.mac.misc)
>that should not be here.
>
>I don't know if it bothers anyone else, but I sure irks me to have
>to wade through the same articles that I read in c.s.m.apps and
>c.s.m.system and such.  If you want to talk/gripe about 6.0.x or
>7.0, please refrain from cross posting here.
>
>This is NOT a flame, just an observation.  If there is anyone else
>out there that feels this way, PLEASE post a response.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Mike Temkin
Me Too. Bob Jenner

francis@arthur.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (05/23/91)

In article <3193@shodha.enet.dec.com> mst@tsc.enet.dec.com (Mike Temkin) writes:

   I have been reading the net for quite a while and was wondering
   why there are so many articles in this group (comp.sys.mac.misc)
   that should not be here.

My guess would be that it has something to do with the places that
still have only comp.sys.mac; the people there post all articles to
that, which gets aliased to c.s.m.misc.

--
| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|