[comp.sys.mac.misc] CE toolbox v1.6 -- Anyone have it yet?

teg@odgate.odesta.com (Todd Grinnell) (05/20/91)

I called the fine people at CE Software, makers of Disktop, to find when
the sys 7 compatible version of DT Launch would be available, and they said
that version 1.6 had already been posted on CompuSpend and other
fee-charging services :-( or I could purchase the $15 upgrade to Disktop
from them thereby getting the new CE Toolbox, also :-(

Has anyone already downloaded this, and then posted it somewhere for ftp
access ( please oh please oh please :-)

Just wonderin...

t-bone
--
Todd Grinnell					| Odesta Corporation
		   "Less talk -- More synthohol"| 4084 Commercial Ave.

dauter@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Michael Dautermann) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May20.152454.10710@odgate.odesta.com> teg@odgate.odesta.com (Todd Grinnell) writes:
>I called the fine people at CE Software, makers of Disktop, to find when
>the sys 7 compatible version of DT Launch would be available, and they said
>that version 1.6 had already been posted on CompuSpend and other
>fee-charging services :-( or I could purchase the $15 upgrade to Disktop
>from them thereby getting the new CE Toolbox, also :-(

Hi Todd (et al and others)... I've put the new version of CE Toolbox
into the Disktop Updater package... in order to get it, just download the
whole thing from /utilities/updates/disktopupdater4.01.cpt.hqx (or
something pretty close to that).  The current Toolbox version is 1.6.

Oh, btw, that's on mac.archives.umich.edu... nooooowhere else (what
a great ad jingle)

Mike @ ccs.itd.umich.edu
(  (  ( ( (( in stereo )) ) ) )  )
Mike Dautermann - U-M Ann Arbor, Dearborn and the WORLD!!

hillman@uservx.afwl.af.mil (05/22/91)

(Todd Grinnell) writes:
> I called the fine people at CE Software, makers of Disktop, to find when
> the sys 7 compatible version of DT Launch would be available, and they said
> that version 1.6 had already been posted on CompuSpend and other
> fee-charging services :-( or I could purchase the $15 upgrade to Disktop
> from them thereby getting the new CE Toolbox.

I thought System 7 just about did away with the need for DT launch or am
missing something.  Cann't you just about move anything easily to the Apple
menu under System 7?

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Showered ) (05/23/91)

hillman@uservx.afwl.af.mil writes:
>I thought System 7 just about did away with the need for DT launch or am
>missing something.  Cann't you just about move anything easily to the Apple
>menu under System 7?

I kind of like the way DT Launch organizes documents under the proper
application, and with the way it puts launchables out on a hier-menu makes
the Apple menu less ungainly- scrolling through thirty apps, DAs, and documents
gets old, fast.

irwin@ysidro.uchicago.edu (Mark Irwin) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.122355.22785@uservx.afwl.af.mil> hillman@uservx.afwl.af.mil writes:
>In article <1991May20.152454.10710@odgate.odesta.com>, teg@odgate.odesta.com
>(Todd Grinnell) writes:
>> I called the fine people at CE Software, makers of Disktop, to find when
>> the sys 7 compatible version of DT Launch would be available, and they said
>> that version 1.6 had already been posted on CompuSpend and other
>> fee-charging services :-( or I could purchase the $15 upgrade to Disktop
>> from them thereby getting the new CE Toolbox.
>
>I thought System 7 just about did away with the need for DT launch or am
>missing something.  Cann't you just about move anything easily to the Apple
>menu under System 7?

In one sense system 7 does do away with the need for DT Launch.  However
in my case putting everything under the apple menu the system 7 way
would make the menu too long for my liking.  Also DT Launch allows for
documents to be kept with the applications, which I would have to work
at the system 7 way.

Mark

Mark Irwin     Dept of Statistics, Univ of Chicago
irwin@galton.uchicago.edu
irw1@midway.uchicago.edu
mark@stat.ubc.ca

weiss@mott.seas.ucla.edu (Michael Weiss) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May22.122355.22785@uservx.afwl.af.mil> hillman@uservx.afwl.af.mil writes:
>I thought System 7 just about did away with the need for DT launch or am
>missing something.  Cann't you just about move anything easily to the Apple
>menu under System 7?

Sure, you can, but what happens when you have all your DAs there, and several
applications?  You'll find yourself with a 6 mile long apple menu.  The thing
that will help all this is when HAM comes out.  I can't wait.
--
\ | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | /
-  Michael Weiss  weiss@watson.seas.ucla.edu  |  School of Engineering and  -

hillman@uservx.afwl.af.mil (05/24/91)

In article <2856@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU>, weiss@mott.seas.ucla.edu (Michael Weiss) writes:
> In article <1991May22.122355.22785@uservx.afwl.af.mil> hillman@uservx.afwl.af.mil writes:
>>I thought System 7 just about did away with the need for DT launch or am
>>missing something.  Cann't you just about move anything easily to the Apple
>>menu under System 7?
>
> Sure, you can, but what happens when you have all your DAs there, and several
> applications?  You'll find yourself with a 6 mile long apple menu.  The thing
> that will help all this is when HAM comes out.  I can't wait.

As a variation on this theme see article 12791 in this group.  I don't have
System 7 to try.  He puts alias's of groups of da and applications in a folder
and puts that folder into the apple menu folder.  Does this "unclutter" the
apple menu?

Hillman