[comp.sys.mac.misc] MacRecorder vs. MacRecorder II

rlsg7229@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Robert Lewis Spence) (05/24/91)

I was recently checking on the prices for macrecorder and I discovered
that there are two versions floating around (I think) One is for
around $100 (the original?) and the other for around $200 (the new version?)

If there is a new version, what are the changes? Or is it just that the mail
order companies actually have a $80+ price difference between them! (I'll
post the prices if anyone would like)

Regards
Rob Spence

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.151623.10387@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> rlsg7229@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
(Robert Lewis Spence) writes:
>I was recently checking on the prices for macrecorder and I discovered
>that there are two versions floating around (I think) One is for
>around $100 (the original?) and the other for around $200 (the new version?)
>
>If there is a new version, what are the changes? Or is it just that the mail
>order companies actually have a $80+ price difference between them! (I'll
>post the prices if anyone would like)

The last time I checked on this (several months ago) the difference was that
the cheap model comes without the SoundEdit package, and is basically intended
to provide the functionality of the built-in microphone on the newer Macs.  The
expensive package includes all of the editing software.  Also, the pictures of
the cheaper model show no plug-in ports on the microphone/digitizer unit.  I
can't confirm this since we don't have that model.

Bruce Carter                                 Internet: bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Courseware Development Coordinator                     duscarte@idbsu.idbsu.edu
Boise State University                    Bitnet/CREN: duscarte@idbsu