[comp.sys.mac.misc] AppleLink

RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu (04/20/91)

Even though this is a commonly asked question that I have ignored
the answer to many times, could somebody please refresh my memory?

How do I mail something to someone on Applelink. I'm trying to reach
someone at Farralon, and all I have is their Applelink (****!***!)
address.

Thanks for the help.....

rafst3@vms.cis.pitt.edu

Read Fritsch

snyderr@wookumz.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Bob Snyder) (04/20/91)

In article <8A14B39863FF210E90@vms.cis.pitt.edu> RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu writes:
>How do I mail something to someone on Applelink. I'm trying to reach
>someone at Farralon, and all I have is their Applelink (****!***!)
>address.

You can send mail to the address they gave you (assuming it is an Applelink
address) to address@applelink.apple.com.  The fact that you use a ***!***!
seems to indicate that it is a UUCP address.  Most Applelink address I've seen
are formed with words seperated by periods (Claris.cr, bug.report, etc.).  Are
you certain that it is a Applelink address?

Bob Snyder
SnyderR@duvm.ocs.drexel.edu
Mainframe Consultant
Drexel University

lombardi@cshl.org (Diane Lombardi in Hershey) (05/25/91)

Hi,
Would someone please tell me how to get on AppleLink.
I can't seem to find any information on it.
Thank-you
DML
email: lombardi@cshl.org