[comp.sys.mac.misc] Quick Keys 2 and System 7

ummorea0@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Hodge Podge) (05/22/91)

I can't seen to access any of my old key sets under System 7.  Any one else
having this problem?  What folder should the QuickKeys folder go in? I tried
it in the Pref's folder, in the Control Panels and System folder propper.
No luck.  DO I need an update to Quickkeys, I all ready have the update to the
CEToolbox, What's up here?
--
Gene Moreau, University of Manitoba.
ummorea0@ccu.umanitoba.ca

mo@well.sf.ca.us (Maurice Weitman) (05/24/91)

ummorea0@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Hodge Podge) writes:

>I can't seen to access any of my old key sets under System 7.

You need QK 2.1 which is still in beta.  They say "June" for
availability.  Upgrade is $15 and may be ordered now.  It's not
clear whether an updater will be posted to the nets.

Orders may be placed with CE Software at (800)523-7638 or
(515)224-1995.  Their Tech Support line is (515)224-1953.

--
Maurice Weitman  mo@well.sf.ca.us  ..!{hplabs,pacbell,apple,ucbvax}!well!mo
 | <- this is not a pipe  1634 Walnut  Berkeley, CA  94709  (415)549-0280
Quote:  "Facts are stupid things."  Ronald Wilson Reagan, New Orleans, 1988
Disclaimer:  Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

mkh6317@zeus.tamu.edu (HOWARD, MATTHEW KENDALL) (05/25/91)

>ummorea0@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Hodge Podge) writes:
>
>I can't seen to access any of my old key sets under System 7.

Until the updated version QKV2.1 comes out you can use the old
version V1.2.  It is system 7 compatible!

I read this in either MacWeek or MacWorld.  The source is the author
of QK. (Brown?) of CE.

Matt

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (05/27/91)

For all you avid QK fans, you must wait for the qk upgrade.  They are now
in the beta stages and seem to run perfectly fine.  All the old keys can be
moved into this new version 2.1  They have added many things including a
provision to manage IAC with a startup program CEIAC.  I supposed it
should be released by next month, but just a guess.

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU
Philip Wong
(301) 235-3998