[comp.sys.mac.misc] System 7 Disk Driver S/W

holzman@sequent.com (05/27/91)

Hello all :
	I'm getting ready to install the big 7-oh and I remember
reading somewhere about the need to upgrade disk driver s/w as
many/most are NOT compatible with 7-oh. Anyone know who
(Macuser/Macworld/Macweek ?) printed this article ? It listed
all/most disk drive vendors with required driver levels for 7-oh.

	I'm using a CMS Macstack 30 (SC30) Series 30 that is a
Seagate ST138N mechanism. Anyone have a phone number or better
still, an email address for CMS ?

Thanks for the help ...
--
Alan Holzman				Internet = holzman@sequent.com
Sequent Computer Systems Inc.		UUCP = ...!sequent!holzman

burchil@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Andrew Burchill) (05/27/91)

In <1991May26.174240.14664@sequent.com> holzman@sequent.com writes:

>Hello all :
>	I'm getting ready to install the big 7-oh and I remember
>reading somewhere about the need to upgrade disk driver s/w as
>many/most are NOT compatible with 7-oh. Anyone know who
>(Macuser/Macworld/Macweek ?) printed this article ? It listed
>all/most disk drive vendors with required driver levels for 7-oh.
>
>	I'm using a CMS Macstack 30 (SC30) Series 30 that is a
>Seagate ST138N mechanism. Anyone have a phone number or better
>still, an email address for CMS ?
>
>Thanks for the help ...
>--
>Alan Holzman				Internet = holzman@sequent.com
>Sequent Computer Systems Inc.		UUCP = ...!sequent!holzman
>Operating Systems Product Manager	AOL = AHOLZMAN
>(503) 578-5184				C$S = 76665,3406

I think the compatability stack that comes with 7.0 checks at least some
disk drivers for compatability, and then lets you know if you have
to upgrade.  I might be wrong - can anyone clarify.  This would only be
if the manufacturer sent in a compatability report though.

Charles