[comp.sys.mac.misc] Raytracer program wanted

hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu (Stephen Haase) (05/27/91)

Does anyone know of any PD/SW/Demo programs that will do simple ray tracing?
I have seen programs on the IBM's that were quite impressive and wanted
something similar for my Mac.
Steve
hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (05/28/91)

hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu (Stephen Haase) writes:

>Does anyone know of any PD/SW/Demo programs that will do simple ray tracing?
>I have seen programs on the IBM's that were quite impressive and wanted
>something similar for my Mac.
>Steve
>hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu

Well, why not just port one? DKBTrace is available via anonymous ftp (I forget
where, but you can always search archie), and has been ported to TC before.
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.160405.18248@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu (Stephen Haase) writes:
>Does anyone know of any PD/SW/Demo programs that will do simple ray tracing?
>I have seen programs on the IBM's that were quite impressive and wanted
>something similar for my Mac.

There is a program called "Ray 1.5" which was ported from some other
platform (Amiga, I think).  It runs pretty well on the Mac, and has
copious documentation.  The included example files are pretty cool too.
--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |