[comp.sys.mac.misc] System 7--now what?

rajiv@ee.rochester.edu (Rajiv Arora) (05/30/91)

Okay, I downloaded 8 image files from ftp.apple.com and successfully
debinhexed, unstuffed, and un-diskcopied them. Now I have 2 questions: where is
the "Before you Install" diskette that contains the compatibility checker?
Second, the only Readme file I saw was on the Tidbits disk. Surely there is
*some* documentation on how to proceed with installation somewhere? Perhaps
it's in the elusive "Before you install" disk?

If you've gone the ftp.apple.com route successfully, I could use your advice.

Thanks in advance.

-Rajiv Arora
--
Addresses:
	UUCP:   ...!rochester!ur-valhalla!rajiv

bob@pirates.armstrong.edu (Bob Fawcett) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May29.195159.3536@ee.rochester.edu> rajiv@ee.rochester.edu (Rajiv Arora) writes:

>Okay, I downloaded 8 image files from ftp.apple.com and successfully
>debinhexed, unstuffed, and un-diskcopied them. Now I have 2 questions: where is
>the "Before you Install" diskette that contains the compatibility checker?
>Second, the only Readme file I saw was on the Tidbits disk. Surely there is
>*some* documentation on how to proceed with installation somewhere? Perhaps
>it's in the elusive "Before you install" disk?

If you have only 8 images you must have missed the "Before you install" disk

Bob Fawcett		|   bob@pirates.armstrong.edu  |   Internet
Academic Computing	|   bob@pirates.uucp	       |   UUCP
Armstrong State College	|   11935 Abercorn Street      |   Savannah, GA 31419