[comp.sys.mac.misc] Calendar program

dank@stealth.usc.edu (Dan King) (05/31/91)

Is there a network/groupware calendar program for the Mac?  The
office where I work really needs such a toy.  What we want is
something that lets a bunch of people (say, 35) coordinate their
individual and common schedules.

Any help would be appreciated.
dank

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (05/31/91)

In article <33245@usc> dank@usc.edu writes:

>Is there a network/groupware calendar program for the Mac?  The
>office where I work really needs such a toy.  What we want is
>something that lets a bunch of people (say, 35) coordinate their
>individual and common schedules.

ON Technology (who publish On Location) have a new product called
Meeting Maker which should do what you want.  I haven't used it other
than trying out a few things during a demo.  Although it lacks a couple
of features I'd like to see, it looks pretty good.

ON Technology can be reached at (617) 876-0900, ext. 434.

John Heckendorn
--
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (06/01/91)

Depending on whether you want flashy features like automatic
coordination of scheduling (besides the On Location product there's
another one that I can't think of the name of) or not, you might
find David Oster's shareware program Cal useful. It works over
networks etc. I'm not sure what else the current version
(3.5(orsomething)) does since I've been using an older one and
just ordered the latest version yesterday.
--
Dana E. Keil           Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of California, Berkeley                 dana@are.berkeley.edu