[comp.sys.mac.misc] IIfx & System 7

bourgeoi@ireq.hydro.qc.ca (06/05/91)

In article <H2mZ31w164w@tz.wimsey.bc.ca> johankha@tz.wimsey.bc.ca (e_mou)
writes:
>Does anyone else running System 7 on an IIfx (4MB ram, 160 MB HD if that
>matters) find their computer to be hanging bery frequently?  Or have trouble
>opening up Chooser?
>
>Anyone with a IIsi find System 7 unbearably slow?

I'm running system 7.0 on IIfx (8MB RAM, 160MB HD, 8-24 video card init OFF)
with no apparent troubles. Check for incompatible INIT/CDEV/EXTENSION or redo
the installation

norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Norton Chia) (06/10/91)

dans@microsoft.UUCP (Dan SPALDING) writes:

>In article <H2mZ31w164w@tz.wimsey.bc.ca> johankha@tz.wimsey.bc.ca (e_mou) writes:
>>Does anyone else running System 7 on an IIfx (4MB ram, 160 MB HD if that
>>matters) find their computer to be hanging bery frequently?  Or have trouble
>>opening up Chooser?

>Nope...works fine for me...40meg quantum worked ok, as does my new 210meg one.

>of course, i am not running 32bit virtual yet because think c doesn't run
>yet in thos modes, but i have run several other things like that to test it.

Does that include Microsoft applications?

OK, OK, OK just kidding. Please forgive me :)

--
//  Norton Chia || I can be reached via e-mail  -->  norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU /
/ Micro Support || Yes, this is Australia calling. //////  AppleLink: AUST0240 /