[comp.sys.mac.misc] How can I extract a SITD archive?

ejb@think (Erik Bailey) (06/10/91)

Hi... I grabbed a file off of mac.archive.umich.edu, and it's in SITD
(presumably StuffIt Deluxe) format.  How can I extract this?  ("Buy Stuffit
Deluxe" is NOT a helpful answer! :-))

--Erik

--
      Erik Bailey       | 7 Oak Knoll         | Thinking Machines Corp.
      ejb@think.com     | Arlington, MA 02174 | 245 First St.

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (06/10/91)

ejb@think (Erik Bailey) writes:

>Hi... I grabbed a file off of mac.archive.umich.edu, and it's in SITD
>(presumably StuffIt Deluxe) format.  How can I extract this?  ("Buy Stuffit
>Deluxe" is NOT a helpful answer! :-))

Stuffit 1.6 is available from sumex-aim.stanford.edu in the info-mac/util
directory. It will open Stuffit Deluxe files and is shareware.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

ejb@think.com (Erik Bailey) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun10.162527.16807@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) writes:
>ejb@think (Erik Bailey) writes:
>

>>Hi... I grabbed a file off of mac.archive.umich.edu, and it's in SITD
>>(presumably StuffIt Deluxe) format.  How can I extract this?  ("Buy Stuffit
>>Deluxe" is NOT a helpful answer! :-))
>
>Stuffit 1.6 is available from sumex-aim.stanford.edu in the info-mac/util
>directory. It will open Stuffit Deluxe files and is shareware.
>
>pr

Thank you!  (I didn't know that the shareware version could read the files
created by the commercial version)  --Erik

--

jah@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Jonathan Helton) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun10.162527.16807@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) writes:
>ejb@think (Erik Bailey) writes:
>

>>Hi... I grabbed a file off of mac.archive.umich.edu, and it's in SITD
>>(presumably StuffIt Deluxe) format.  How can I extract this?  ("Buy Stuffit
>>Deluxe" is NOT a helpful answer! :-))
>
>Stuffit 1.6 is available from sumex-aim.stanford.edu in the info-mac/util
>directory. It will open Stuffit Deluxe files and is shareware.
>
>pr

Unstuffit Deluxe is also avialable, and it its FREEWARE.

I understand also, that Stuffit can handle these files if you change the
creator to SIT!

--
Jonathan Helton
jah@casbah.acns.nwu.edu

johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun10.202329.301@casbah.acns.nwu.edu>, jah@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Jonathan Helton) writes...
>Unstuffit Deluxe is also avialable, and it its FREEWARE.
>
>I understand also, that Stuffit can handle these files if you change the
>creator to SIT!

This is only true for SITD files that are archived in "fast" format,
which is equivalent to the 1.5.1 format.  Most SITD files are probably
create using the more efficient Deluxe/Classic formats.

-- Bill (johnston@minnie.me.udel.edu)