[comp.sys.mac.misc] ConcertWare and System 7

ccmlh@buitc.bu.edu (Mark Hayes) (06/07/91)

If anyone has had experience with the music program ConcertWare
under System 7 (especially if they've had problems), I'd love to
hear from you. It keeps crashing on me, on a vanilla system, but
Great Wave swears up and down that it's compatible. Thanks.

kos@cunyvms1.gc.cuny.edu (06/11/91)

In article <83330@bu.edu>, ccmlh@buitc.bu.edu (Mark Hayes) writes:
>If anyone has had experience with the music program ConcertWare
>under System 7 (especially if they've had problems), I'd love to
>hear from you. It keeps crashing on me, on a vanilla system, but
>Great Wave swears up and down that it's compatible. Thanks.

I recall downloading some file from MACSERVE@PUCC (which means that it
probably comes from sumex-aim) that listed compatibility status with a good
many programs.  It said that ConcertWare was not compatible.  And despite
what Great Wave says, I have come across several people who have the same
complaint as you.  It could be that Great Wave didn't have the latest version
of System 7.  I haven't checked it with the Compatibility Checker -- and I'm
a bit too busy to futz around with it myself.

I suppose if we inundate Great Wave with letters and phone calls they'll begin
to get the message.

Bob Kosovsky
kos@cunyvms1.bitnet
kos@cunyvms1.gc.cuny.edu